March 19, 2013

A 'Top Ten Tuesday'

because who doesn't love lists?

I like reading them but don't usually participate in blog memes because I'm not really a book blogger (and foremost because I'm just a sub-par blogger), but today's Top Ten Tuesday (hosted by The Broke and the Bookish) really spoke to me. I presume all serious readers/booklovers are awash in books we've bought but still haven't and may never read. I am, and probably always will be, especially a sucker for a book on sale.

10 Books You Just Had to Buy but STILL Haven't Read. (I'm going to do 5 print and 5 digital.)

Sitting unread in my office are:
  1. Seabiscuit by Laura Hillenbrand
  2. Remarkable Creatures by Tracy Chevalier
  3. Sweep: Dark Magick, Awakening, and Spellbound: Volume 2 by Cate Tiernan (Also note, I never read/don't own volume 1. I know, right?)
  4. Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants (Book 1) by Ann Brashares (In my defense, I think I bought this for my classroom when I was a teacher)
  5. Les Miserables by Victor Hugo (Author), Julie Rose (Translator) (Yes, this specific edition, which, when I convinced myself I needed to read this book, I also spent an entire day choosing the translation. I've read approximately 25 pages.)
Annnd sitting unread on my Kindle (purchased approximately at the same time as the book I'm currently reading):
  1. In Search of the Rose Notes: A Novel by Emily Arsenault
  2. Eve by Anna Carey
  3. Master and Commander (Aubrey/Maturin Novels) by Patrick O'Brian
  4. Sisters Red by Jackson Pearce
  5. Immortal Beloved (an interesting coincidence that she appears on both lists!)
And seriously, those are just the tip of the unread book iceberg. It's a better habit than buying drugs though.

    Bookmark and Share

    No comments:

    Post a Comment