December 4, 2012

Hold the Horses*! NEW ABNA NEWS!

Today was the official announcement for ABNA 2013!! And wow, it's changed in some really great ways:

  • New publisher! (AmazonPublishing)
  • More prizes! (1 grand prize contract, 4 first prize contracts)
  • More money! (1 $50k advance!!!, 4 $15k advances!!)
  • More genres! (General Fic, Romance, Mystery/Thriller, SciFi/Fantasy/Horror, and YA)
~and~
  • LESS time... (submission opens JANUARY 14 and goes for TWO WEEKS)
So, get your manuscripts, excerpts, and pitches shined up and all ready to go right away!

Want to read about my experience and my advice on the contest? Check out my Golden Ticket blog series or click the "ABNA 2011" tab at the top of the page!

Want some help on your PITCH (ie. the hardest part of the contest)? Visit the ABNA forums, get to know some of the uber-supportive community, and bring your pitch to the Pitch Thread for some constructive critique from many helpful past competitors, including me.

*I know that title probably makes no sense to anyone but me, but I was in the middle of writing a different post, one that references horses, when the news came out :) Look for that other post soon.
Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment